– On Tuesday, Rep. Ralph Norman
(SC-5) co-sponsored a resolution in the House of Representatives in support of Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas.
, which has over 230 bi-partisan co-sponsors in the House, declares the following:
That the House of Representatives—
• stands with Israel as it defends itself against the barbaric war launched by Hamas and other terrorists;
• reaffirms Israel’s right to self-defense;
• condemns Hamas’ brutal war against Israel;
• calls on all countries to unequivocally condemn Hamas’ brutal war against Israel;
• calls on Hamas to immediately cease these violent attacks and safely release all living hostages and return the bodies of deceased hostages;
• mourns the over 800 Israelis killed and over 2,600 others wounded in Hamas’ unprovoked attack on Israel;
• reaffirms the United States’ commitment to Israel’s security, including through security assistance in accordance with the 2016 U.S.-Israel Memorandum of Understanding;
• urges full enforcement of the Taylor Force Act (title X of division S of Public Law 115–141; 132 Stat. 1143) and other restrictions in United States law to prevent United States foreign assistance from benefiting terrorists, directly or indirectly;
• condemns Iran’s support for terrorist groups and proxies, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad;
• urges full enforcement of United States sanctions against Iran to prevent Iran’s funding of terrorist groups, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad; and
• stands ready to assist Israel with emergency resupply and other security, diplomatic, and intelligence support.
Rep. Norman issued the following statement on Tuesday: "Israel is our single most important ally in the Middle East, and a true friend to our country and people.
They need our prayers today and deserves our support in response to this outrageous, unprovoked terrorist attack by Hamas. This cannot go unanswered."