What’s Your Solution, Ralph?
Washington, D.C., June 9, 2022
Tags: Veterans , National Security , Health Care , Second Amendment , Jobs and Economic Growth , Foreign Affairs , Spending Cuts and Debt , Infrastructure , Border Security , Pro-Life , Military , Agriculture , Law Enforcement , Immigration , Energy , Vaccine Mandates , Liberal Spending Packages , Ukraine , Inflation
“What’s your solution, Ralph?” I get that question all the time, especially when I talk about wasteful spending in Congress and our $30 trillion in federal debt.
Friends, our nation is heading for financial ruin. I’m so tired of being asked to vote “yes” on new spending bills with no offsets. I’m tired of bloated, wasteful government. I’m tired of agency heads who claim they can't do with one less PENNY from their budget. I’m tired of our federal government running deficits year after year.
And most of all, I’m tired of those who claim government’s not taking enough money from people. The bottom line is that we have a spending problem in this country, not a revenue problem.
So what is the solution? Well, I’m proud to be part of a group called the Republican Study Committee (RSC). This morning, we introduced a sensible budget and spending plan for our nation. It outlines how we’re going to restore fiscal sanity to Congress, and how we’re going to prioritize taxpayer dollars.
Let’s dive into a few highlights:
1. Seven years to balance the budget. This is not asking too much. When we have a seven-year runway to stop spending more than we take in, that’s more than enough time to figure out how to operate within our means.
2. Properly fund the military. Our nation has too many threats to count, so we have to properly fund our armed forces.
3. Save Medicare & Social Security from bankruptcy. Medicare is on track to be bankrupt by 2028. Social Security by 2034. Our plan contains a solid way to address this looming crisis while protecting our seniors.
4. Build the border wall! This is common sense, but our nation is spending countless billions every year in response to Biden’s record levels of illegal immigration. So our plan fully funds the wall, reimplements Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” asylum policy, and closes asylum loopholes.
5. Protect Americans from the liberal “woke” agenda. This is one of my favorites. This part of our plan shores up our religious liberties and our 1st & 2nd Amendment rights, and will put Critical Race Theory and radical gender ideology in their proper place: the garbage.
This plan also empowers the American people through permanent tax cuts and work requirements to receive welfare. It incentivizes companies to create jobs and fights government bureaucracy with over 30 regulatory actions aimed to reduce the size and scope of government.
I’m also proud to have two of my current pieces of legislation wrapped up into this plan: the “Protecting Religious Students from Vaccine Mandates Act” and the “Ensuring Accurate and Complete Abortion Data Reporting Act.”
I want to thank RSC Chairman Rep. Keven Kern (R-OK) and everyone else who was part of this exhaustive effort. We have a long way to go to get our nation back on track financially, and this is an excellent path forward.More info: https://rsc-banks.house.gov/budget-and-spending-task-force-report-page