I get a lot of questions about what Republicans will do next year when we take back control of the House of Representatives.
These are important questions. After all, we can talk forever about spiraling inflation, record illegal immigration, rising violent crime, foreign policy disasters, fentanyl crisis, “woke” education programs, out of control government bureaucracies, etc. But it’s not enough to simply remind people how badly Democrat policies have fouled up this nation.
Instead, House Republicans MUST be ready with real solutions to turn things around. And that’s where we are right now, with the Republican’s Commitment to America. You should hear a lot about this over the coming weeks and months. A few highlights from the plan include:
- Fight inflation by slashing wasteful government spending and useless regulations;
- Curb illegal immigration by securing the border!
- Reduce gas prices and our dependence on foreign nations by restoring American energy independence;
- Strengthen our supply chain and reduce dependence on China;
- Advance the Parents’ Bill of Rights and expand parents’ voices in schools;
- Preserve our Constitutional freedoms. All of them!
The list goes on, but the point is House Republicans are putting this plan in front of the American people now so there won’t be any surprises when the new Congress is sworn in.
Yes, these are broad policy positions with a lot of room for fine-tuning in the House. And yes, we’ll probably face obstacles with Democrats over in the Senate and, of course, President Biden.
But if you ever wonder what Republicans plan on doing once Nancy Pelosi no longer controls the House, this is the starting point. This is how we start to turn our country around.